networking issue - can't see windows machine anymore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid'09 MBP; 2.53GHz; 8GB RAM; OS X 10.8.2 | 2G iPod Touch 32GB | iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 16GB | iPad Air
I'm not sure this is the right forum, but I have a problem:

My desktop running windows XP has just come back from repair and the amazing technicians here in downtown jungle forgot a cd inside the drive (it reads pfsense 1.0.1 and so far i know it's firewall related).

Windows wouldn't start and there were a lot of apparent tests being done within DOS, so i noticed the cd, turned the computer off, removed the cd from the drive and restarted the computer. Windows loaded, but it doesn't physically recognize any of my peripherals (the screen reads "new USB device detected" but mouse/keyboard/etc don't work), and i can't see the machine on my network anymore.

The main problem is i want to access (and backup) the files in it through my macbook, but the machine is nowhere to be found. Is there any way to fix this without 'professional' assistence? (it's 8pm here already).

thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.