Now or later.

O

Orange

I'm planning on buying the 12" ibook. But I want the features of Tiger. Is it worth the wait, especially if I'm not in dire need of an ibook? or do you think Tiger is not worth it or will the price of the ibook increase when tiger is released?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Tiger will not be out until summer of 2005 most likely.

The only features of tiger that you might not be able to get is the Core Graphics but I am not sure if the iBooks graphics card supports it but it could very well do it.

Of course Tiger will really only get major benefits if you are running a G5 which the iBook most certainly won't have when Tiger comes out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
march 31, 2005 is the tiger release date all:mac:

OP
M

m1k

Well, you could always just buy now and upgrade when Tiger comes out...

If you say you're not in desperate need of an iBook, I'd say wait. The iBook will go through one revision before Tiger comes out at least, so you'll get a faster comp and a better OS :)

But the current iBook line is pretty awesome.

It really depends on how much you need it.

Good luck!

OP
O

Orange

yeah I guess I'll wait for an ibook revision before I buy... hopefully the ibook will drop in price too.

OP
B

batchcga

I'm new to Mac too...is Mac going to nail me with an expesive upgrade when that comes out like Microsoft does with upgrades? Thanks

OP
M

m1k

I'm new to Mac too...is Mac going to nail me with an expesive upgrade when that comes out like Microsoft does with upgrades? Thanks

Well, the current OS is $130, so Tiger will be around that price range when it comes out, which is MUCH less than Windows upgrades. And with every Mac OS revision, they add a TON of new features, unlike Windows, which basically just makes it more stable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.