Newbie question about airport express 802.11n

Reaction score
I currently have a router which connects my MAC/PC/Xbox360/PS3. The MAC is connected wirelessly.

I just purchased the Airport Express and want to use the iTunes feature with my stereo.

How in the world do I accomplish this?

I tried the setup for Airport Express but not sure what to select? It seems to want to subtract my current router connection and build a new one?

Can I keep my current router connections and then add Airport Express which connects MAC to Airport Express and then use iTunes with my stereo.

Thanks in advance. :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Short Answer: Yes you can.

Long answer to follow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Go to the Airport Utility, click on your Airport Express and configure like so (though obviously you don't want to connect to my network - unless yours is also called Funky Town).

13zo3k5.png

315za6v.png

df9lbl.png

wc0opj.png

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks very much

wow I will try this! thanks for the easy (i hope) to follow pictures. much much appreciated.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hmmm I have set it up as suggested. I unplugged the express and plugged it back in but still get the amber light "blinking"?

Question: I don't have any ethernet cable connected to the express from my dlink router.

I can connect wirelessly correct?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.