Mac OS Extended & NTFS partitions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, Macbook Pro & iPhone GS3
I am taking delivery of a 1TB external HDD soon . is it possible to make 3 partitions, 2 Mac OS and 1 NTFS?

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks.
Just managed to borrow an external HDD and partitioned as desired. The reason for having 2 Mac OS and 1 NTFS partition was to mount the 2 Mac OS partition under OS X 10.5 and to mount the NTFS partition under Fusion at the same time. I cannot achieve this at the moment. is there any other way to do it? i am not concerned about the write and write of NTFS files under OS X as I am using Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X which performs very well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Which program are you using for the partitioning?

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will be using disk utility to create the partitions. I plan to use one MAC OS partition for time machine. The second MAC OS is for saved data files created under MAC OS software. The NTFS partition is for saving work done in Windows under Fusion using programs which must run under Windows (XP Pro in my case). If it is not possible to mount ALL three partitions simultaneously under OS X 10.5 and XP (Fusion) then I will probably use one of my older Lacie HD for the NTFS data, ie plugging it in when I am in Fusion mode to mount it.
At the moment, I can mount all three partitions in OS X but the NTFS partition is not available when I switch to Fusion. Even after I ejected the NTFS partition in OS X, it is still not available in Fusion Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.