alternatives?

Reaction score
hello, i was looking for suggestions for some of the pre loaded mac software. ever since i got my macbook pro two years ago, i never used ichat. i downloaded adium and i have to say that i love that, and hate ichat. just a couple of days ago i was looking for an alternative to safari. i downloaded camino, and it has been faster, but the options are kind of lacking in my opinion. i think ill continue to use it instead of safari though unless one of you leads me in a better directions. also, any good itunes alternatives? im using cog right now, but same thing, better performance, lacking options. thanks for any help in advance. also, this is my first post. hello.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011 15" 2.0Ghz (hi-res, Momentus XT). 32GB iPhone 4.
There is a dedicated thread for internet browsers and i'm sure if you used the search function you would be able to find an alternative for iphoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Without question, the FASTEST web browser for a Mac that I have used is Sunrise. Sunrise just screams along. It loads faster than any other browser I have seen and it renders pages at a noticeably faster rate too.

Sunrise uses a unique "visual bookmarks" schema that I really like. I use Sunrise a lot. I almost have both Safari and Sunrise open. I use Safari as my "main" browser - I keep all of my bookmarks cataloged and organized there. I use Sunrise as my "high speed" browser, for the sites I use the most often.

Just a thought.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.