Safari closing after attempting to install flash update

Reaction score
Hello!

I would like to know the cleanest way to change to the newest flash for Mac OS X 10.4.6 and remove the extra files this flash download may have created.

I think I'll try this first, but I suspect there are other issues causing Safari to close on some flash sites. (Myspace music players and online quicktime files load, but the new online Photoshop doesn't, and causes Safari to close before the page is even loaded.)

Thanks for any help you might offer.

Reaction score
I have seen other users post that some Flash based websites do cause Safari to close. Are you running the newest version of Safari (3.1.1)?

I'd also suggest downloading Firefox as a back up browser. Whenever I have some sites that cause Safari to repeatedly close--I'll simply open them up in Firefox and it handles them flawlessly. Good luck <><

OP
P
Reaction score
I have seen other users post that some Flash based websites do cause Safari to close. Are you running the newest version of Safari (3.1.1)?

I'd also suggest downloading Firefox as a back up browser. Whenever I have some sites that cause Safari to repeatedly close--I'll simply open them up in Firefox and it handles them flawlessly. Good luck <><

I'm currently running some updates so I can download the newest version of Safari, thanks for this advice! I'm also wondering if the flash update could have left unwanted files, or if those get deleted automatically with updates. One reason for the concern is that I wasn't sure I downloaded the proper plug-in or update, I'm confused entirely when it comes to these updates.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.