computer not restarting properly after sleep mode

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 120GB, 2GB Ram, Leopard
Hello

I've had my MBP for approximately 6 weeks now. 3 times in the last week when I have opened it up out of sleep mode, I hear the CD ROM spin up and the light on the front turns off, but the screen does not light up.

I press keys, touch the mouse pad but nothing works. The only way to get it going again is to shut it down by holding the power button down.

Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15,4" MBP 2,4 GHz, 2MB RAM, 250 GB HDD (Seagate aftermarket), Leopard, Logitech V470.
Another iStat problem (do you have it installed)?
How long did you wait?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
I also have this problem I have had it ever since I got my MacBook Pro about a month ago, I used to have istat installed but have since removed it and still have problems. I am tempted to do a fresh install of Leopard as this problem is driving me nuts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I've had this same problem. I never had istat. I took it to Apple and they replaced the logic board. The problem still came up, so I gave up on trying to fix it. It seems to happen if I let my MBP go too long without a complete restart, so I shut it down every couple of days and rarely have it happen any more.

It's pretty annoying that Apple can't fix it. It seems to be so rare that they're not concerned with finding the problem and creating a fix.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 120GB, 2GB Ram, Leopard
I do have iStat but it doesn't seem like that is the issue, according to these other responses. I waited maybe 30 seconds. Next time I will wait longer and see if that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.