woot! boot camp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
just installed and setup windows xp pro via bootcamp on my macbook.

most of you older mac users will probably make fun of my excitement but whatever...haha

but yeah, any of you switchers nervous about it, its running windows great, and the drivers were extremely easy to add. got it first try (its easy) and even found this background that made me laugh

LINK

i only set aside 5 gigs for windows as i dont plan on ever using it just wanted it setup to say i did.... haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Yeah I thought about doing that just because it's kinda cool, and it is isn't it? Feels pretty uh good I suppose.

OP
imnothardcore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I thought about doing that just because it's kinda cool, and it is isn't it? Feels pretty uh good I suppose.

im not sure i appreciate your tone... hahaha

yeah i dunno seeing it boot with the windows xp splash was kinda weird actually....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
There was actually no sarcasm in that surprisingly, haha, yeah idk I guess it's just interesting being able to run windows on my Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac 2.0ghz w/ Superdrive. 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive w/ Leopard OS
Did that myself just last week. I went with a 15gb partition myself.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I installed XP on a 5GB partition just to mess with Leopard's Bootcamp so I could help people here on the forums with their questions. After the 30 days to activate expired, I zapped it. It ran QUITE well though.

OP
imnothardcore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
linux? i was debating getting another computer to run ubuntu (sp?) on but i really dont need another computer, and just bought an ipod touch... so im pretty broke.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5ghz, 4 gig Ram, 250 hard drive, 512 nvidia
I was also excited when I did boot camp and then advanced to fusion which makes boot camp look medieval and im still amazed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I've never loaded bootcamp but was thinking of it... I have parallels and didn't know whether I would have to reload xp (which the original is in my home town). I also thought that bootcamp came with Leopard for free and wasn't just a trial... Is it?
I installed XP on a 5GB partition just to mess with Leopard's Bootcamp so I could help people here on the forums with their questions. After the 30 days to activate expired, I zapped it. It ran QUITE well though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I've never loaded bootcamp but was thinking of it... I have parallels and didn't know whether I would have to reload xp (which the original is in my home town). I also thought that bootcamp came with Leopard for free and wasn't just a trial... Is it?

i think he meant that windows expired

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
i think he meant that windows expired

Yes that is what happened. I have 4 full install XP Pro SP2. All have a machine and I was not going to purchase another just to try out Leopard's Boot Camp, so I just used one of my CD's and never activated it. Got the job done of learning Boot Camp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.