Problems creating a partition with Boot Camp Assistant.

Reaction score
Hey guys first post here,

I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I am trying to install Windows XP. I use the the Boot camp Assistant to create a partition, it's to the point where is asks you to restart you computer. When I restart I and get a Error message stating "Mac OS X quit and the computer need to be restarted. There is no sing of a partition on the machine. When trying to repeat the process Boot camp Assistant tells me it cannot create a partition because the drive needs repair. After repairing the drive from the Mac OS X disk. I try again, same thing happens. I have updated all my software, and I am running Leopard. Nothings seems to change the outcome. Thanks for any help. :Oops:

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey guys first post here,

I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I am trying to install Windows XP. I use the the Boot camp Assistant to create a partition, it's to the point where is asks you to restart you computer. When I restart I and get a Error message stating "Mac OS X quit and the computer need to be restarted. There is no sing of a partition on the machine. When trying to repeat the process Boot camp Assistant tells me it cannot create a partition because the drive needs repair. After repairing the drive from the Mac OS X disk. I try again, same thing happens. I have updated all my software, and I am running Leopard. Nothings seems to change the outcome. Thanks for any help. :Oops:

Run Disk Utility from Applications => Utilities. Verify and Repair Permissions. Then, Verify and (if necessary) Repair the disk. Then, reboot the machine. Start with no other programs open - and if any programs are set to open automatically, make sure they're disabled. While running the Boot Camp Assistant, leave the machine alone and do not run any other programs in the background. It should work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.