Networking Help! Password fails

K

katie2

Hello,

I have two computers previously networked, and am trying to add a new powerbook onto the network. I can access the internet already, and I can see the two other computers that I want to connect to, but when I enter my password, it fails. This makes no sense to me, because it is the only password that I have ever used on this computer, and this password works fine everywhere else I have to use it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, or reset this password.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if its networked, do you have a network admin password? or a password for logging into the network? try logging out and back into the one youre trying to add, and see if the password fails there too, keep us posted and well see what gives.
and is one of the macs the main/ hub mac? try the passwords from the other 2 macs as well, and make sure of the case youre using, as far as capital or lower case in the password.

OP
K

katie2

I don't know too much about networking, someone else set up the original network.

As far as I know the other two previously networked computers, each have their own password for logging onto the network. This password is the same one that is the user/admin password for each computer.

When I plugged the new ethernet cord into the router, along with the other computers, I was automatically hooked into the network once I turned on file sharing, and applied the same network configs. as the other computers.

I was never asked to create a network password for this computer, it just assumes there is one, which I assume should be the same as the admin password.

The other two computers can see mine, but again, the password will not let them access me, only each other.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.