Safari problems: letter overlapping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I've noticed the past couple days that sometimes one or more letters in safari will overlap each other. It's kind of annoying, but not happening enough to make it unusable. Is anyone else having this trouble?

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
This is caused by a font conflict. As I understand it, there are a couple things you can do:

1. One of the M-F Mods recommended downloading FontNuke and running it. It clears your font caches which may have become corrupted. I have not tried this personally, but from what I understand, it is pretty simple to use.

2. Different applications sometimes call different fonts by the same name. You could have two different fonts, that are both assigned the same name. Safari doesn't know which one to use. Use spotlight to find the FontBook application on your Mac. Open it and you will find a list of all the fonts you have installed. Ones with conflicts will have a dot next to them. Select these one at a time and Edit > Resolve Duplicates until they are all resolved.

If this still doesn't work, you can also disable the font in question. When Safari can't find it, it will substitute a similar one automatically. Most likely the replacement font will not have the same conflict.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can also use main menu to clear the font caches, and it does many more maintenance tasks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.