GarageBand class!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Here in Chicago there's a place called The Old Town School of Folk Music (which, btw, is not located in the Old Town neighborhood any more!)...great (and cheap!) place to learn just about any music you want...I did a couple of Beatles performance classes, a songwriting class, and Chicago Blues Harp...and at their snack bar they make the yummiest cream soda ever!

Aaaanyhoo...I just got their summer catalog. They're offering a GarageBand class! And no, it's not a "how to start your own garage band" thing -- the description specifically says it's for Mac users who want to learn the "nuts and bolts" of the GarageBand software!

Sweeeeeet!

Only thing...it's offered at 5:00, and I work until 6:00! D'OH!!!!

But I did think that was ultra-cool.

OP
dauber
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
I e-mailed the instructor of the class (I had him a couple of times before) and asked if they were going to run it at different times in the future. Sounds like it's new to the point that he's still not sure what direction to go...should people bring their MacBooks to class? Does everybody who'd want to take the GarageBand class actually have a MacBook? What aspects should they focus on? etc...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.