IBook 500Mhz G3 refuses to come on

M

michaelruocco

Hello

I wonder if someone can help me. My 500Mhz Ibook G3 will not power up. The last time it worked I received a message saying the battery was low on power and that I should plug the power adapter in which actually WAS in. The battery then ran down and I purchased another power adapter thinking it was faulty. Now, with a new adapter it still doesnt come on. The battery was replaced with a friends battery which was fully charged which also didnt bring the G3 to life. The new charger has the little green circle of light on it so I know this works. It seems both power sources have failed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It is 2 years old and has fairly light use. - mainly DVD watching

thanks

OP
M

mohater

michaelruocco said:
Yes, I followed the instructions - no joy Im afraid. Thanks.

My guess is your DC board is bad - it's pretty easy to replace and you can find them all over the place. If somoeone else you know has the same ibook as you - see if your battery will charge on theirs or your ibook will turn on with their battery

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.