Dust collecting

Reaction score
Does the macbook draw alot of dusts and  into the macbook?
Used to have a HP laptop and well not a pretty sight after opening it like once every 3 months, it is just collecting so much dust. how is it with macbooks?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Does the macbook draw alot of dusts and  into the macbook?
Used to have a HP laptop and well not a pretty sight after opening it like once every 3 months, it is just collecting so much dust. how is it with macbooks?

The MacBook limits the intake of dust and particles. If you have a late model as I do, you'll notice there are no vents or protrusions for the exhaust fan as there are in most PC notebook computers. Heat is vented out through convection (feel the bottom rear left side of the case) and also upward from the keyboard and to some extent through the optical drive.

My Toshiba notebook on the other hand needs to be cleaned every once in awhile to clear dust and dirt away from the exhaust vents.

BTW, if you own a MacBook Pro the convection of heat is even better because of the metal case design.

Regards.

OP
K
Reaction score
i have the latest macbook, and ye i noticed the vents are kinda between the screen and the mac itself. dunno how it works, but as longs as it isnt a hassle to keep clean i'm good :D just noticed my HP keeps getting hot after a month or so. :p and cleaning it is such a hassle. also void the warrenty lol. :p but how can u even run a HP laptop without cleaning it atleast 3 times a year at minnimum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.