Cant delete files over network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5ghz, 4 gig Ram, 250 hard drive, 512 nvidia
I have my mbp & imac networked together. I can see and copy and pastef iles between the two machines but frustratinlgy I cant delete files from one machine to the other.

Both home folders have full read write permissions and I have also allowed this to all enclosed items.

It must be something very simple but very frustrating. Help would be appreciated.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dont really know. My user name and the wifes user name never show up in the dialogue box for read write.

Reaction score
It's a little different pre-Leopard, so if you have Tiger or lower let me know. This is how it is in Leopard.

When you open a finder window the other mac should show up under shared in the left column. Select the name of the mac and the names of the users will show up and at the top of the window it says "Connected as:" and also a "Connect As..." button. Click that button and a dialog will pop up and enter the name and password of the user on the computer you are connecting to.

That should let you browse and modify or delete all the files. If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what could be causing your problem.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Alycia....got it sorted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.