• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forums Podcast?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Now I want to be clear that I'm just asking a hypothetical question here... ;)

We've been bantering around the idea of a Mac-Forums podcast for a bit now and we keep going back and forth on the idea.

So what I'd like to know from all of you is would you listen to a Mac-Forums podcast?

If you would listen, what kind of content would you want to hear?

During the iNET Community Conference, I kept telling iWhat we were going to do a video podcast so he could host it, but he wasn't too excited about that ;)

So, I'd like to hear what you, the members, would like to hear in a MF podcast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I would subscribe for a few days but it wouldn't hold my interest for very long.

I chose no.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would subscribe for a few days but it wouldn't hold my interest for very long.

I chose no.

Is that podcasts in general that you don't care for? Since we haven't even decided what the content will be I have to assume it's not just because it's a MF podcast? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I assumed it wouldn't be M-F news. BORING!
I can't say I am into podcasts in general. I'd rather spend my hours listening to music. I can get all of my tech news, comedy, or anything else, where I do now without listening to stuff I careless about.

We used to have a podcast, didn't we? How'd that go over? Is there someone reliable here to take resonsibility of it? Was it a popular enough to really bring back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
I said probably not because I don't think it would be as good as the old one. You're welcome to prove me wrong though.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I said probably not because I don't think it would be as good as the old one. You're welcome to prove me wrong though.

It would not be like the old one, that much I can guarantee. We would take a different direction.

For the record, even the old one was "unofficial", we've never truly done a Mac-Forums podcast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I can see where someone might subscribe for a while, but quickly lose interest.
The podcast fad in general has pretty much run its course, though and because there are so many I don't really see too many people having a long-term interest in one from the forums.
Just because there are so many still out there, and new ones starting up... doesn't mean that anyone actually listens to them. There may be a few die-hards here and there, but I really don't think that too many people really listen to them regularly.
Part of the issue is that anyone can make a podcast. This is why there are so many out there. The net is flooded with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wait, DB and I agree for once?? lolz

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm glad to see we have such a forum of optimists here. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz C2D
Can't there be a "maybe" choice? I'd probably check it out and might continue listening to it if it held my interest. I like listening to podcasts and audio books when I'm walking, they make the time go faster. But it has to be something that interests me. I listened to a couple of Harry Potter podcasts a while back when the last book came out, but lost interest in them once I'd read the book and seen the latest movie. it depends on where my interests lie at the time. So, my answer is, maybe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Im not really a big pod cast person to be honest. I think it depends on what it would be about. Now a video would be kind of cool. Like a welcome/guidelines video. It would add a personal touch to the forums. Now I'm rambling. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I'd probably listen. I listen to a lot of podcasts. (Between the podcasts and my music collection, organizing a playlist for my iPod is like running my own personal radio station!) As for content, you could throw in some news but, frankly, every other Mac-oriented podcast out there does that already. I'd like to hear tips/tricks on a variety of hardware/software. Teach people how to use their equipment more efficiently in an entertaining format. I think that would attract more subscriptions than anything else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I said Absolutely. I listen to a few podcasts on a regular basis. Assuming content is fresh and interesting, I'd subscribe. ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Basically, I'd subscribe just to hear iWhat's views on the world.

A half hour of iWhat would be perfect for me. ;)

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'm just going to record random words and phrases and let schweb use them how he pleases. That will be my role in the podcast.

I think you have high expectations...I'd say you're lucky if its 60 seco...oops... ;)

I have... lots of views on this matter! Thank you very much!

Reaction score
I subscribe to, and listen/watch every episode of The Onion Radio News and The Best Of Youtube. Mainly because they are entertaining and fun to listen to. If you make it like that, then I could certainly find time for it. But if its not entertaining, then well no.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have... lots of views on this matter! Thank you very much!

Oh, we were talking about the podcast? I thought were talking about....nevermind. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.