Adobe problem

Reaction score
I have done all I know to do to find acrobat pro 8 for mac and can not. I even called adobe customer support and "Andy" there told me I could order it over the phone and they would ship it to me so he tried to get me with sales...after way to long of BAD music I hung up.
I know there is a free trial for 30 days and want to try it but it is no where to be found. The site I was pointed to by a friend and by adobe was the download for windows.
Can I download it and use it on a mac? is there a differance?
where is a link to one that works with os X?
sorry guys, I am just new with a mac but my learning curve is normally good.

Reaction score
Well here is Adobe's site. It appears that it auto detects what platform you have. When you add it to your cart there is a dropdown to choose what platform you have, so double check that it says Mac. There is definitely a difference between Mac and Windows. The Windows version will not work.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro/

Unfortunately it looks like the trial version is only for Windows :(

Someone else might know of a cheaper place to purchase it. I usually buy my software through school and I don't want to inadvertently send you to a scam site.

M

MacHeadCase

So you're not necessarily looking for a download, it's just that Adobe's sales rep took way too long to pick up the phone, if I read your opening post correctly.

You could order it online from Amazon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Just a quick tip--Acrobat 8.0 is not Leopard compatible. Once installed, you'll need to update to 8.1.2 before it will start working consistently. I assume it will prompt you for updates, but I just don't remember.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks to all replying. :D
I do want a "trial download" to see how well it will work for me and if it will work with me with a mac. I have it on windows and it is pretty good. I also have word on my mac and it is not as much like word on my pc, so I wanted to give it a shot and see if it will be more compatable to me and my middle brain way of thinking. there was also the compatability issues I worried about.
So in short: Yes I want a download trial version (if available)
I may in the end have to do like AlyciaAnimation and get it through my university.

Reaction score
Do most people really take advantage of Acrobat? I've had it for a while now because I usually get it alongside Photoshop and their product bundles. I can't say that I've ever really used it.

Especially now with Preview you can add comments and highlight text and do a bunch of things with pdfs. Are there important things in Acrobat that you can't do anywhere else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
The full version of Acrobat allows the user to make minor edits to the text the pdfs contain. I believe preview only allows you to view and markup the document. Acrobat allows you to change the documents.

OP
D
Reaction score
It also lets you rotate view. I use it on my pc a lot for school. Instructors load stuff and always get it in sideways and you can never read it. Maybe I should tell them to load it upside-down, that I can do

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.