hot corners don't work anymore. comput slow

Reaction score
Hi there,
my hot corners don't work anymore, all of a sudden.
I know it's not the end of the world but it is such a good tool, i always work on many windows and that is just perfect for that!
Anyway, hope someone knows... pretty sure it's a simple thing to do but all i tried didn't work.
ciao
Tubaobu

Reaction score
Click on System Preferences (normally located on your dock) | Go to Expose' & Spaces | and see what your settings are set to to activate Expose'. Let us know if we can do anything else for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 MBP, 3gb ram, not enough disk space, iPod Classic, iPhone, techno-addiction
Sometimes starting your mac in Safe mode is all it takes to rid the machine of pesky or troublesome behaviors. (Correct me if I'm wrong mac gurus, but you hold the Shift key down while restarting to enter Safe mode, right?) It's worked for me in the past when Photoshop was acting glitchy. Try using your hot corners while in safe mode and then restart your mac normally, this may be all it takes to clear some errant preference.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi there,
I tried your suggestions but it still hasn't change!
Anything wlse you suggest to be trying?
thanks a lot!

Reaction score
hot corners

i had the same prob today system pref, security, disable automatic login, restart comp and log in

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Head for Expose System Preferences - remove all the hot corners, close out the preference window, then go back in and set them up again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
... all i tried didn't work.
Always list what you've tried. Otherwise, you'll waste your time, and someone else's, with suggestions that didn't work. Plus, knowing what didn't work could help someone come up with something that does.

That said, one thing you can try, if the above suggestions don't fix things: find this file in the path shown.
HD/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist
Move the file to your Desktop.
Restart.
Try the hot corners, after resetting them.
If all is well, Trash the plist file from the Desktop.
You will have to restore other preferences you might have changed manually.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.