Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz
2 shots from yesterday. C&C welcome.

_MG_0186.jpg

_MG_0189.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Just need to work on composition a little more. Color for the first one is fine, if you had the filter, I wonder what great saturation of color in the sky you could get.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
i don't know much about photography so i can't give valuable advice, but i really like them!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac 2.0ghz w/ Superdrive. 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive w/ Leopard OS
OP
soul.glo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz
Thanks! First one was tough to get the right composition because of the surroundings, so I had to make do. I do need to get some filters. I love the effect you get with different filters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I don't mean to be rude but I don't get it. Soul.glo, you upload that really nice photo in the image of the month thread. You upload these and I wonder. Is that photo of the month yours?

These are, to be blunt, are not good. The sky is blown out in both photos, composition is bland, and the subject is boring. Maybe the bridge has some meaning to you but I don't see it.

Sorry for being harsh. I thought your work was a lot better. These are very point and shoot.

OP
soul.glo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz
I don't mean to be rude but I don't get it. Soul.glo, you upload that really nice photo in the image of the month thread. You upload these and I wonder. Is that photo of the month yours?

These are, to be blunt, are not good. The sky is blown out in both photos, composition is bland, and the subject is boring. Maybe the bridge has some meaning to you but I don't see it.

Sorry for being harsh. I thought your work was a lot better. These are very point and shoot.

You're questioning if the photo I submitted is actually mine? That's messed up. I'm not a professional by any means, just enjoy taking pictures. I do appreciate the critique because I know I need the help, but I'm not cool with you hinting at me stealing someone else's work.

Reaction score
I like alot of the pictures you post soul. They really stand out as very nice photos. How did my state treat you? lol Yosemite is great. I really should visit there again.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
soul.glo - i don't think bry was really trying to be insulting, just that these don't seem to be up to par.

i kind of agree. you take some amazing photos man. seriously, i'm often very impressed. these are fine, but not great. the first one seems a neat experiment with exposure. i do like the blown out sky and the saturated black, but the bridge, which seems to be the subject just looks a bit too muddy.
the second is nice. a bit standard in a way. doesn't have what i've come to feel is your signature "cool".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
I like the pics, I think they are really good..I know I couldn't take those

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.