Networking Issue

Reaction score
I am new to Macs and need help setting up a networking that includes PCs. So far i have been able to get the Macs to see the PCs and the PCs to see the Macs, but i need some sort of security for the folders so that not just anyone can access them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac 2.0ghz w/ Superdrive. 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive w/ Leopard OS
On the Windows PC's all you need to do is create user accounts and then right click on the directory you want to share out and choose Share and give it a share name. From there go to Security and add users you want to have access to that directory and what their specific permissions would be. On the Mac side I am still learning all that myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5ghz, 4 gig Ram, 250 hard drive, 512 nvidia
Im also new to macs. But i think you should solve this if you go to your home folder in any finder window and then right click info. you will then get the info tab. At the bottom you will have a list of users etc. In your case you need to restrict the privileges for all users. Havent tested it but it might do the trick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.