MacBook Pro Speakers

Reaction score
So I got a MBP about a month ago, first time user to, so still pretty new, and it seems that the built-in speakers are not very loud, When I plug in the headphones they get loud but just using the speakers not so much. Is this a common on the MBP or should I be able to blare these speakers?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
So I got a MBP about a month ago, first time user to, so still pretty new, and it seems that the built-in speakers are not very loud, When I plug in the headphones they get loud but just using the speakers not so much. Is this a common on the MBP or should I be able to blare these speakers?

Make sure that both the master volume and the volume within the application you're using (let's use iTunes, for an example) are turned up.

They won't get as loud as a normal stereo system, but then, consider that the speakers are 1/10th of the size.

Reaction score
Make sure that both the master volume and the volume within the application you're using (let's use iTunes, for an example) are turned up.

They won't get as loud as a normal stereo system, but then, consider that the speakers are 1/10th of the size.

I second what cwa107 said. Also, I had one other tip to throw in for you. I noticed sometimes on our MBP at work that whenever I plug the headphones in and take them back out--the volume for the speakers on the MBP goes down a pretty good bit. So be sure to double check the volume control and make sure its turned up all the way whenever you disconnect the headphones, external speakers, etc.

Good luck <><

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.