HELP! with internet connection...

Reaction score
I have had problems in the past with a slow connection to my wireless router. Well, this morning when I click on the internet connect, my private host isn't even on there. Right now I am connecting through my SLOW neighbors host and I can't even try to connect to mine because it's not an option. Any clue what to do? I contacted my cable company who has given me the modem, etc, and they are completely naive and have no idea what it is... but have received similar calls to mine.

Any help would be great. :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Any clue what to do? I contacted my cable company who has given me the modem, etc, and they are completely naive and have no idea what it is... but have received similar calls to mine.
Well, if your provider has received similar calls, then there is likely nothing you can do about it at the moment. The issue is probably on the provider's end and they will have to resolve it the problem.
The people you talk to when you call them are level one techs and wouldn't always be privy to the information on what would appear to be an escalated issue to a Tier 3 or 4 tech level. It could also be that they are investigating it and simply don't have an answer just yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5ghz, 4 gig Ram, 250 hard drive, 512 nvidia
Interference from other routers is your enemy. Try changing the channel in the router home page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.