Skype / iChat not seeing my iSight but Photobooth Does

Reaction score
**MacBook Pro / 2.33Ghz / 2GiB RAM / OSX 10.5.2 Leopard**

As the title says - my isight works with Photobooth (including recording video) and thus is funtional.

Whether using iChat or Skype, I get similar problems:

iChat "no video camera connected"

Skype "No Video Camera Connected"

PhotoBooth Works fine - so my camera is functional...

Steps I've taken:

Verify Disk
Repair Permissions
Erase Skype (inc. all pref's + "hidden" folders)
Reinstall Skype

I've also tried all of the above with NO PERIPHERALS connected - just in case they were interfering...

Had no luck - iChat / Skype still displaying those messages.... I'm able to RECEIVE video (on skype - haven't tried iChat)...

I've posted on the Skype forum's but responses are few and far between - Any help here would be appreciated if anybody's got a fix? I currently live 300 miles away from my girlfriend!

Reaction score
Do you still have Photobooth open when you are trying to video chat with iChat or Skype? If you haven't already, try just opening one application and try it. The camera might be used by another application at the time, and therefore won't be available.

OP
L
Reaction score
Do you still have Photobooth open when you are trying to video chat with iChat or Skype? If you haven't already, try just opening one application and try it. The camera might be used by another application at the time, and therefore won't be available.

Hey thanks for the advice, I've normally just got Skype open but I tried the reverse of what you recommended just in case (having both Skype and PhotoBooth open).... still no results....argh!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.