Batch task for email in mail.app?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" (early 2008, pre-unibody), 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.
Hi all. I just made the switch from windows to mac, and my biggest frustration so far is that when I imported all of my emails using Outlook2Mac, the correct text encoding of all my Chinese emails was thrown out. So now I'm faced with the task of opening up thousands and thousands emails, highlighting all the text, and then manually setting the correct text encoding from "automatic" to "Big 5". Does anyone know of a way I could set this up as a batch task for OS X or Mail.app to do? Maybe using terminal?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have a look at mail.app and custom actions in Automator.

Not in front of my mac at the moment so I can't be too specific I'm afraid but it's worth a look.

OP
riverteeth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" (early 2008, pre-unibody), 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.
Couldn't find an automator, or any custom actions where text encoding is concerned, but I did figure out that if I just have Traditional Chinese on top for my language preferences in system preferences, Mail.app encodes the imported messages correctly!!! (I had been toggling back and forth between Chinese and English while I learned the app). So problem solved!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.