Exploded Shuffle Battery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook
After numerous attempts to get my shuffle working today (I use it for biking and active type things so my ipod video doesn't break) I decided to disassemble it and see what the problem could be. The unit is out of warranty and I like taking things apart and have had considerable luck fixing ipods so why not. It was to my surprise when I got everything opened up that my battery was not hard and flat with 90 degree angles as most batteries I encountered are. Instead mine was like a roundish pouch, and very soft (squishy). It doesn't take a genius to figure out that this was the source of the problem. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem...?
IMG00067.jpg
IMG00068.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Which generation shuffle are we talking about?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
Funny thing I read somewhere that putting it in the fridge sometimes will make the puffiness go down and also apply some pressure after you take it out of fridge.I don't think it would work but why not try.

OP
nick/chuck
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook
Tried, didn't work. Good idea tho, guess I'll have to buy another one and use the video exclusively till then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
Yeah apple is selling the 2nd generation nano for $39 on their refurbish online store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.