DVD Backup

W

william

Hi Hope someone can help me. I'm looking for programme's that will enable me to Backup My DVD's such as DVD Shrink & Decrypter etc, that will run on Mac OS9.2.2.
Have searched the net all over and only can find OSX versions, I use a Lacie Writer to burn, through Toast Titanium, I would be very thankful if someone could help.

William

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
os x

I suggest moving to OS X, also what are the os x back up programs you've found?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I suggest you update to panther. theres mactheripper on os x, its so great, dvd backup, handbrake, among others. mactheripper is the best. you can get around copy protection on movies, and even choose to rip all the dvd, menus, extras, etc. or just the main feature,
or just a certain chapter, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks I've been using DVD shrink on my dell because i couldn't find a program for backup that was for mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just use mactheripper, then use dvd2oneX to compress it to fit on a dvd, or just make a smaller file.

OP
D

Danster

i have downloaded a movie and it's in two parts and the format is avi how do i make
it as a dvd video?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Danster said:
i have downloaded a movie and it's in two parts and the format is avi how do i make
it as a dvd video?
use divx doctor 2, thatll convert it to a .mov, then convert that into an mpeg using quicktime pro, or some other convertng app. then you can burn that.

OP
D

Danster

i was decoding the avi's using divx doctor and at the end it said error and it didn't finish i try doing it again and it keeps saying error with log and can't seem to convert the file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
in DD, click decode, click view error log, scroll all theway down, itll say what the problem is,
like a prob with audio or video. do you have all the divx/avi codecs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macman has all lthe answers to dvd backup lol
I was trying to backup my Hard days Night Special Edition but then I realized mactheripper didn't compress so I'm doin it on my dell then I just read your answer for compression.
Thanks

OP
D

Danster

it says thier is a problem with the audio and only has one button saying ahuh so i cant do nothing about it lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Danster said:
it says thier is a problem with the audio and only has one button saying ahuh so i cant do nothing about it lol
I assume you mean in divx dr. 2, its ac 3 audiom whixh sux, get mac3dec at VT and use it to convert the audio track it give you , then, in qt pro, click edit>add
scaled or replace the audio track as a different format.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
johninc said:
Macman has all lthe answers to dvd backup lol
I was trying to backup my Hard days Night Special Edition but then I realized mactheripper didn't compress so I'm doin it on my dell then I just read your answer for compression.
Thanks
cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok now what I've been doing is using roxio popcorn to burn the movies and compress them after I extract them but just recently its been giving me verification errors(it happened twice).
I'd rather be using a diff program for compression but the one you suggested only does the movie.
Anything???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dvd2onex will do both, but select just the video ts folder, not Movie name:video ts, dont select the movie name select the video ts, it will give you in the selections on the right side, select desired audio, compress.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macman said:
dvd2onex will do both, but select just the video ts folder, not Movie name:video ts, dont select the movie name select the video ts, it will give you in the selections on the right side, select desired audio, compress.

So it won't kill the extras???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nope, all extras and menus are included.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
GREAT THANKS.
Do u hav a messenger program or something?
I mean you seem to no alot

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.