Just bought Toast v.8 for $18.98 shipped

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
FYI, I just bought what is apparently a perfectly legal copy of Toast, version 8, through one of PriceGrabber' affiliates for $14.99 plus $3.99 for shipping via USPS. It is sent in a factory sealed disc envelope with the serial number on it and user's manual on the disc. Payment required was Paypal... International shipping is $20...

It's the full product, but no box or paper User's manual.

Go to http://www.pricegrabber.com/user_sales_getprod.php?masterid=31856783&lot_id=7167626 to check it out.

I found it by going to Google, then Pricegrabber, then to this affiliate based on the price. Affiliate is Deykon Worldwide Storefront who has 5 stars with Pricegrabber.

I'll report back after I get it to let you know it isn't (I hope) a hoax.

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
That's cool. I think they just released version 9 though.

OP
Noels
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac,

You're right, version 9 is available from the same seller for $39.999 plus $3.99 shipping. I downloaded Burn the other day (free) and it may suffice for my needs, but I couldn't pass up this version of Toast for $14.99 :)

Thought I'd pass it on in case anybody wanted to save a few dollars (like me).

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
I use toast 7 also because it does everything I need.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Toast 8 is perfectly fine. Toast 9 brags a lot about Blu-Ray support. Right now that does nothing for any of us Mac users as there is no shipping Mac with a BluRay drive.

I am like MHC, I am still using Toast 7 with the latest update for Leopard. Never let me down. Toast 8 will do anything you need to do and that is an excellent price!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
Yeah I was impressed when I looked at the features of toast 9. Ye it adds blu-ray but that means nothing to me. I am interested in version 8 though for that price its hard to pass up.

OP
Noels
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
NBmacer,

You're welcome!

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
What's the big deal with Toast? Sorry for my ignorance but I can't see what it offers above and beyond a combination of iDVD, Leopard functions and Handbrake, other than Blu-Ray support - how many of you have Blu-Ray burners?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Toast has a lot more flexibility than the stuff you can do with iDVD and what's in Leopard, for one thing...also, TiVo support...then again, I did find a free third-party program that does TiVo even better...

BTW -- is this normal for Roxio not to have a special upgrade price for users who already have an earlier version of Toast???

OP
Noels
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Zoolook,

I knew that a lot of folks using Macs also buy Toast for their burning tasks... so this is just a chance for them to get it at a much better price than $99 or $79...

And I don't think Toast 8 has BlueRay support.

Noel

OP
Noels
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi all,

Just an update to let you know I just received my copy of Toast in the mail and I have already installed it, registered it with with Roxio and updated it from 8.0 to 8.0.4.

So it took 4 days after ordering and I'm in business with NO problems on this score.

BTW, it does support BluRay if you want that, you don't need to buy v. 9,

Noel

Reaction score
thanks Noels for the heads up. I have been wanting this program for a while and with that price I had to grab it. Thanks again for sharing

OP
Noels
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
captaindan,

You're welcome, glad I could help

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.