G5 Not shuting Down etc

D

djcreamz

Hi All,

Im running a power mac G5 on OSx 10.3.5, now for the last 2 weeks for some bizare reason the Mac will not shut down, restart or log out, i can put the computer to sleep but this doesnt halp due to the fact that this is a work MAc and working at council it may have sensertive infomation on so u can see the problem i have, i need to be able to at least log out to lock out my work station. At the moment i am simply holding in the power button till it shuts off which i dont like doin. Now i cant remmeber what exactly i was doing before this occured but i remmber running cocktail monthly scripts, im pretty sure i updated disk permissions before installing the OS update but im not 100% sure this is getting to be a big problem and all tho i do back up work reguarly the amount of work i produce on a daily basics it is a bit unrealistic and expensive to bung stuff on disk before i take out the power and my office would end up looking like a cs storage room, has anyone evr seen a problem like this and does anyone know how i can go about fixing this, i have tried everything i have checked no programs are running tht stop shut down but none are i even stop classic and no luck please help as this is driving me mad!!

cheers Ryan Creamer. :ninja:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Looks like it time to call Apple or check their site to see if someone else is having the same problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.