Sleep Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 Dual MDD G4, 14" Ibook
I am at my mouse's end ... 1.25 dual, 1 meg ram, leopard, been fighting this for about 9 months, goes to sleep, deep sleep, put a new battery in, zapped the pram, is set to not sleep at all, it ran for 2 months with no problems, walked in and saw the monitor light was "throbbing" knew it was doing it again. I decided to take it to authorized people, they found nothing wrong, said it didn't go to sleep on them, it could be a logic board acting freaky, for $400 I could put one in but it's outdated I should buy a new computer. I picked up my outdated computer and as soon as I plugged it in it started the sleep problem again. Makes me really wonder if they had it plugged in very long. I have moved it to different part of my home, unplugged everything from it, taken it off the battery backup, opened the side up and gave it a blowjob (canned air), ... no difference. Only thing I notice is ichat will go offline and in about 30 seconds the computer goes to sleep. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
last night I put the Leopard disk in and restarted off it ... been running all night long ... I did an archive and install of leopard about 2 months ago .... I am out of ideas of things to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Try reseting the PMU.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 Dual MDD G4, 14" Ibook
been there, done that .... it's been running fine since yesterday at 11 am ....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.