My First Day On a Mac and managed to delete the mail client!

Reaction score
Bought my first Mac today and love it!!

But i seem to have managed to remove the default mail client, made a short cut on the desktop by dragging from menu bar, then moved to trash, and deleted! Thought this would only delete the shortcut, but seems i have deleted the program! Any tips on getting this restored would be great as i have'nt even had my mac book 24 hours yet,

thanks woody.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
So Mail is not in your Applications folder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" with Retina 4K Display, 3.1GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB Flash Storage Late 2015
No mail client

When you open your Applications folder "Mail" is not there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
Just load your install disc again, when it goes to install look for custom and just install the mail client again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
If you didn't empty your trash, it's still in your trash folder.. otherwise, yeah you'll need to do as podraig said.. And to delete an alias on your dock, just drag it off of your dock, not into the trash can. And when you delete an alias.. all it does is delete the alias.. so it sounds like somewhere in there you might have mistook the actual program for an alias?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.