strange blue box appears-programs crash

Reaction score
I am very computer illiterate I just have to start by saying that.

OK here is my problem. Over the last few weeks I noticed a tiny blue box appear in the left corner of my computer screen (I have a PowerBook G4 OSX 10.5.2 Leopard). It would only appear when I was using Word (also I don't know if this is relevant but I am running my computer using gray scale because I have light sensitivity issues).

So now my Word program crashes and freezes up. Then my MSN messenger program won't run it won't start up. Then I went to import photos into my iPhoto but the program won't start up. The icon will bounce in the dock but then it says that it "quit unexpectedly" and asks me whether I would like to report it to Apple, relaunch or ignore.

My Safari is running so slowly I have to keep restarting my computer to try and get it to speed up (since I'm pretty computer illiterate that is about the only thing I know how to do - restart things when they slow down!).

Does this sound like a virus or something?

Anyone ever see this weird blue box appear in the left corner of the screen? It is really tiny but it's there. It appears and disappears (it is blue even though I am using the computer on gray scale).

Thanks for any help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.