Good deal or not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
are you kidding me? thats an awesome deal. hold on i was looking at the bid price. what price are you looking at?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
I was looking at the buy now price, but hoping to bid beneath it.

The UK rrp price is £1599.00 approx $3300.00

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook

Sounds fishy to me:

Seller only has 8 feedback transactions.

Auction states "We do ship to other countries." in the body of the description, then has a drop down menu in the shipping sections that states, "Dispatches to
Worldwide" and allows you to select any country.

The price is nearly 30% of the retail cost. A good sign of a scam.

In short, don't try to look for "deals" on 'brand-new' items on eBay. Buy it from a reputable retail outlet.

Reaction score
I got my MBP on eBay. I did hit a couple of scams, it's always a clue when they have something 'better than paypal'... Ugh. You can't trust high feedback either since many scammers are working off of stolen accounts. The one scammer I hit had a 4-digit positive feedback!

I only was comfortable when I got a Buy it Now for a decent price from a local seller. I was able to use Paypal, which gives some piece of mind, and I arranged to pick up from the seller directly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
Sounds fishy to me:

Seller only has 8 feedback transactions.

Auction states "We do ship to other countries." in the body of the description, then has a drop down menu in the shipping sections that states, "Dispatches to
Worldwide" and allows you to select any country.

The price is nearly 30% of the retail cost. A good sign of a scam.

In short, don't try to look for "deals" on 'brand-new' items on eBay. Buy it from a reputable retail outlet.

the price is just a bid, it will sell for 2000$ easy.
30% of retail? what? 30 % on 2499 is 750...
retail on that is 2499, 2100 is a good price for it.

i would never spend over 500$ on something on ebay. I sell all the time on there, but would never spend that on there, too much to go wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
"If it's too good to be true, it probably is" I doubt even resellers are getting them for that price, which means this person would need to be breaking even or losing money on the deal. Going by his extremely low feedback, I'd say he's not any kind of reseller or even any kind of retailer. Therefore, it's WAY too good to be true.

Also, the auction only has 20 hours left. That means either nobody else has taken the bait on this "deal" or it's a one day auction, which also makes it reek of scam.

There's no way I'd go for that.

If you're looking for a true good deal. Apple is selling a refurb MBP: 2.4GHz, 2GB memory, 160GB HD, NVIDIA 8600GT w/ 256MB RAM, for $1,649. If I were in the market for an MBP, that would be my purchase.

Reaction score
well it seems he accepts paypal, in my experience paypal has been very good with protecting against scams, admittedly its been more of a remedial than preventative protection but if you can pay through paypal doesnt seem like a huge risk

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
Thanks guys. I'll give it a miss then

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
chances are if you have to ask about a auction in the first place, your money is best spent elsewhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.