Weird sleep troubles

Reaction score
Hey. This might be hard to explain, but here we go:

When I boot my PowerMac G4 everything starts up just fine, however in the past, when I put the machine to sleep and wake it up again, it all of the sudden has another screen saver. When I boot up it is a pic of fishes, when I would wake up from sleep it was a pic of mountains.

Now, since hooking the computer up to my flat screen TV (which I did once to watch a webcast) the problem is even weirder. When I boot up, my screen saver is fishes and when I wake up from sleep, the screen goes totally blank and my monitor tells me "mode not supported."

I've tried changing the screen saver and the resolutions, and no go. I've also reset my pram. Any other suggestions about what to do and /or why it is doing this??

OP
T
Reaction score
Hey. This might be hard to explain, but here we go:

When I boot my PowerMac G4 everything starts up just fine, however in the past, when I put the machine to sleep and wake it up again, it all of the sudden has another screen saver. When I boot up it is a pic of fishes, when I would wake up from sleep it was a pic of mountains.

Now, since hooking the computer up to my flat screen TV (which I did once to watch a webcast) the problem is even weirder. When I boot up, my screen saver is fishes and when I wake up from sleep, the screen goes totally blank and my monitor tells me "mode not supported."

I've tried changing the screen saver and the resolutions, and no go. I've also reset my pram. Any other suggestions about what to do and /or why it is doing this??

Ooops...I didn't mean my screen saver, I mean my background image. Sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.