A Few Questions for MacBook Pro

Reaction score
A few questions...
1) When was the newest MacBook Pro released?
2) Does someone know when the next MacBook Pro is going to be released?
3) As an amateur filmmaker, do you think I should get a MacBook Pro instead of the normal black MacBook?
4) Can any Mouse or External hardrive be used?

Please Answer

Thanks

Reaction score
The latest Macbook pro upgrade i think was about February this year, the next upgrade is looking like it is going to be in June, the pro is far superior to the straight macbook it all depends how fast you want it too work an finally you can attach any external drive and mouse to any mac with no probs. Hope this helps:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
The latest Macbook pro upgrade i think was about February this year, the next upgrade is looking like it is going to be in June, the pro is far superior to the straight macbook it all depends how fast you want it too work an finally you can attach any external drive and mouse to any mac with no probs. Hope this helps:D

June is just when the next chipset comes out. Remember how far behind they were with the penryn update. Id say they make the next update before school july/aug.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
A few questions...
1) When was the newest MacBook Pro released?
2) Does someone know when the next MacBook Pro is going to be released?
3) As an amateur filmmaker, do you think I should get a MacBook Pro instead of the normal black MacBook?

Please Answer

Thanks

1) Early February
2) No one but Apple knows this. Everything else you read is mere rumor and speculation. Apple is one of the most tight-lipped companies about new product releases in the industry.
3) It depends on what software you intend to use. iMovie runs just fine on a standard MacBook, but if you intend to go with something like Final Cut Pro, the more powerful machine you buy, the better off you'll be.
4) Yes, most USB and Bluetooth mice will work, even if they are not specifically labeled as being Mac compatible. External hard drives should be the same way, although you may need to format it before use (many come pre-formatted NTFS, which is the default filesystem for Windows XP/Vista - Mac OS (by default) can only read NTFS).

jah

Reaction score
A few questions...
Thanks

-macbook-pro os=10.5.2 will read write NTFS networks via ethernet cable or wifi.
-you can also do the mac backup TimeMachine to a NTFS network but this requires a work around.
-the mac will support fat32 formatted usb memory sticks, 8gig is common enough.

so what?
plug your usb external hd which is formatted ntfs into a networked windows box, share this usb drive onto the network. access the ubs/ntfs box read write as normal.

apple should clean this stuff up and have their systems just work with anything.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
-macbook-pro os=10.5.2 will read write NTFS networks via ethernet cable or wifi.

OS X has always been able to read/write to an NTFS share over a network. This is because the host OS handles the read/write operations, not the client OS. This is true of all modern network-capable operating systems.

you can also do the mac backup TimeMachine to a NTFS network but this requires a work around.

More information please? It was my understanding that Time Machine would only write to partitions formatted HFS+ to preserve file attributes and indexes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
More information please? It was my understanding that Time Machine would only write to partitions formatted HFS+ to preserve file attributes and indexes.

That's what I thought too. Something about HFS+ and hard links if I recall correctly.

jah

Reaction score

i dont want to hyjack this guys thread so quick:
not so... with a work around i am using TimeMachine on my ntfs home network. 10.5.2 has a bug where i will not create a new backup file on, you will have to do it manually. so use disk utilities and create the file and move it to your network server. in terminal type a string one time than goto the timemachine propteries and select the copied file on the network. Start the TimeMachine.
-the manually created file can be any size
-file name is critical: <hostname>_<mac>.sparsebundle
example: joe_001b633540d8.sparsebundle
use the mac that points to the network hardware you plan to use like wifi
-search in the os section of this forum for the string to one time type into the terminal.

after several backups deleted a file on my mac, pulled out a time machine screen and restored it with success. good enough?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
@jah: Have you tried a restore or system migration via this method? With something as important as backups, I'd probably stick to supported methods myself. But that's just me I guess.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.