Printer driver for Fuji Xerox printer, please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" (early 2008, pre-unibody), 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.
Got my new mac expecting that I would have little to worry about in terms of peripheral compatibility. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get my printer to print! It's a Fuji Xerox B&W laser printer, 203A. It pops right up when I look for printers in system preferences, but it's driver is not listed in the list of choices already on OS X. No problem, I still have the installation disc that came with it. I pop it in, and sure enough, "Start Here OS X" is one of the choices. This opens up the OS X driver installation wizard, my computer restarts, and everything should be fine. But when I check out the installed driver, it says "generic postscript printer." When I print, everything seems fine at first, but my printer just prints endless blank pages (even though I only printed a one page document). It still prints fine using my windows machine btw, so it's not a toner problem. I can't find the mac driver for this printer on Fuji's website. Does anyone else have this printer, or think they can help me out on what to do next?

OP
riverteeth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" (early 2008, pre-unibody), 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.
Thanks harryb2448, that did yield a promising looking packet as a .hqx file, but when OS X unpacked it, all I got was a plain text file and no driver. So still looking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.