Quick Question

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

New to the forums here.

After about 10-11 years of only owning PC's, the time has come for me to upgrade to a Mac. Yes; Upgrade.

I can't believe I went this long without one. When I found out about all the new features, speed, and abilities you can do with the new Macbook Pro's, I immediately fell in love.

On a daily basis, I work with music (producing/recording), graphic design, and occasionally web design.

I always knew Mac's were the standard for these specific fields, but I never knew just how deep it really went.

Now with boot camp, I'm rest assured my programs will work on the Mac. I was so happy when I heard about this.

Anyways, even thinking about this right now is making me excited.

I'm getting a new Macbook Pro soon. But here is my dilemma.. I am not sure whether it is a good time to purchase one. I heard the rumors about Mac releasing the updated version sometime in Q3. But I'm not too sure if the wait would be that worth it. Whether the specs will be much much better, or no...

Currently, I'm looking at the 2nd Macbook Pro option available. I believe 2500 or 2300 hundred dollars with the student discount.

I would greatly appreciate any advice from the users here. Should I wait it out? Or go for it?

Thank you all for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
Welcome to Mac-Forums. The question of whether to wait or buy now has been here as long as people have been buying high technology items. It's more difficult with Apple because they are very secretive about upcoming product releases.

That said, you could wait forever and never buy because the next iteration will be a tiny bit faster and possibly a little cheaper. It all depends on whether the current machines will meet your needs or not.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
I would say purchase now, the current Macbook/pro revisions are very nice and the new ones that are going to come out are bound to have some hardware bugs or whatever... that being said, it is your choice and you could just wait a few months a buy the new ones

OP
AConfire
Reaction score
Thanks for the input and welcome guys.

I appreciate your time.

I think I'll just go with the one's available now.

They have great spec's as they are now, so they are perfect.

Once again, thanks!

OP
AConfire
Reaction score
Sorry to re-bump this thread, but I have one more question.

Deciding between the base model Macbook Pro ($1,999.00) and the second option ($2,499.00).

The difference, (mainly), being the 2.5ghz and 512mb Graphics Card versus the base 2.4ghz and 256mb graphics card.

Will I notice a big difference in speed or performance? I work a lot with graphics design/music producing. Not so much movie producing and not really any gaming.

So is it better to just get the base model? I'll be upgrading memory to 4gb later on.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.