Crossover Mac

Reaction score
Hello

I am interested in purchasing crossover mac. How is it ? All I have for Windows is xp sp1. I am interested and was wondering if anyone has better insight than the few reviews that are online.

Thank You

Mark

OP
E
Reaction score
Office 2003 and or Office 2007. So ? do all programs then not work with Crossover. Example I will have a fantasy football program that they do not make a OS x for.

Thanks

Mark

Reaction score
For games, use "CrossOver games" since it will give you a better framerate for first person shooters

For apps, use "CrossOver".

But I recommend you buy the microsoft word for mac, since it will load much faster - instead of having to start crossover to run it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Office 2003 and or Office 2007. So ? do all programs then not work with Crossover. Example I will have a fantasy football program that they do not make a OS x for.
Mark

Compatibility with Crossover is hit or miss. The problem is that they have to come up with ways to get Windows apps/games to run without using proprietary software/dlls and such from Microsoft. Some apps work flawlessly, some mostly ok, some hardly at all, others fall flat on their face.

Best thing to do is check their compatibility database. Be sure to search for supported AND unsupported applications. Anything that Codeweavers themselves explicitly support will have a rating from Bronze to Gold, with Gold being flawless operation. You also have Advocate rankings. Those are from the community who test the software themselves, give feedback, and rank the software based on their experience. You can often rely on the Advocate ranking if it is current because Codeweavers themselves can only test so much. Each app has its own forum, so sometimes you can get good tips in there to get something working better than you might have otherwise.

In your case, MS Office 2003 "sorta works". MS Office 2007 doesn't at all. You'll have to check on your fantasy football app. If it's not listed, send me a private message and I'll test it if you'd like.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.