External sound card for MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.16 intel duo, 2GB SDRAM
I use my MacBook Pro for playing back music at live events and would like to know of recommendations for an external USB card. I looked at Turtle Beach's SRM but it's Windows only.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, Dell Inspiron 9400
I use the Turtle Beach Micro with my Mac Air to drive my DJ rig if my main laptop were to die. It works well and is inexpensive. I just plug it in and select it as my output device. No driver down load needed.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good to hear - I guess the only part that wouldn't work would be the application software with EQ etc. Do you output stereo or 5.1?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, Dell Inspiron 9400
I output stereo. 5.1 is not supported that is the only down side.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So far that's all I need - thanks for the feedback!

jah

Reaction score
integrate itunes into existing audio system

have been using microsoft MediaMonkey on a portable w/ a spdif output

i found the spdif on my macbook pro os10.5.2

last night i sparked up itunes and noticed when i move from screen object to another the system busy color wheel comes up for a few seconds. overall the application seemed slow. i had a really small library in it ~2meg file size.

i set local content off, itunes store off, etc and started a library scan of my existing titles (xp file server on a ntfs home network) overnight. the morning it seems to have done ok. the library file is ~80meg and it probably should be.

itunes has not gotten any faster tho. still the color wheel comes up, longer than expected delay between songs. the main slider is slow.

thanks everyone.

Reaction score
what other options are there for external sound cards for Macs? if im using an Mbox or Apogge's Duet as an interface, would i even need another external card?

what would be the advantages of this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I use a SoundBlaster Live! External USB Sound Card with my MacBook and it works well. The drivers are Windows only, but they are only used for surround sound. For 2 channel stereo such as iTunes, it works great.

It's $50 at Office Depot, Circuit City, etc...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.