Thinking about getting a 24" iMac..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2/2
As my first post here, I'd like to hear some opinions on the New vs. Old generation models.

I have the option to buy either from a local distributor for around $1,550.

24-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive
1GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 1x1GB
320GB Serial ATA Drive

I understand generally newer is better, however I have heard issues with the glossy monitor opposed to the old monitor, and overall, the older generation was a more solid purchase..

So, what's the verdict? :D
THANKS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I have one of each. I really like the white version as i looks nicer to me. My work one is the Aluminum and I picked it over another white one because of the bigger drive and better video (I do graphic design).

If light duty either is an excellent choice, the Aluminum forces you to get current software wise because of the chipset. Both run Parallels without an issue. The Aluminum max RAM is 4GB and the white is 3GB.

Reaction score
You can get a pretty kickbutt deal on the Refurbed site:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nplm=FA456LL/A

I bought mine from here a year ago and you can potentially win the Apple Lottery. I bought this exact model, but when I got it, it came with a 500 gig hard drive, the fastest processor at the time and the best video card. I've bought two more Macs from here and have won the Apple Lottery all three times in a variety of ways. It's the same warranty as new as well.. you can't really lose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
The Apple lottery, good one. Yea, i've hit the Apple lottery 2 of the 3 times i've bought refurbished Macs.

I visited the Apple store yesterday and I was surprised how nice the 24" model is. I really like it actually.

I had a white iMac and I liked it. The older white iMac's and the 24" aluminum iMac's are solid machines.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2/2
Excellent! I never win anything, so the Apple lottery sounds like it will serve me well! Thank you for the input!

I think I will go with the newer version - Updates to follow

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.