MBP Ram question

Reaction score
I have a personal shopping appointment tonight at the Apple store, I am finally buying the 15.4" 7200 rpm, 2.4GHz, 200GB drive, 2GB Macbook Pro....I can't wait any longer for the new "redesigns" (mainly was hoping for a black MBP) and my PC laptop finally died. That being said, I am going to upgrade the RAM myself, but I wanted some opinions on which manufacturers to stay away from and which ones you've been happy with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
good buy man...you can upgrade your ram from kingston...seems reliable...warranty is good...

www.kingston.com/ check it out...

T

todd51

I have some Crucial memory that is serving me fine. My G-Skill memory died though, I would stay away from them.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks, I was looking at the Crucial myself, but maybe I'll check out Kingston and Corsair also

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" Hi-Def/2GB RAM/250GB HD // iPhone 3Gs 16GB // iPod Classic 80GB
Kingston, Corsair and Crucial are the 'Big Three' of RAM supplies.

I really do recommend getting your MBP with the minimum of RAM you can get and upgrading level. When I got mine with the 2GB, I then bought the RAM from Crucial for $140 (including two-day shipping).

Apple's price to go from 2MB to 4MB? $600. That's the one big issue I have with them, the price of their RAM addon. The markup is huge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
I got GSkill and started having kernal panics after about 6 months on my macbook.

With my new MacBook Pro I have ordered Corsair and am hoping for better results. From everything I have heard...Corsair and Crucial are the best.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for your post, I just ordered 4gb of Crucial ram for my brand new MBP 2.6 200gb 7200. I was bummed that they didn't have any 2.5gnz 7200rpm models in stock ( I went to three Apple stores and the all had the same inventory and they all said that the 2.5ghz 7200rpm model was a custom build...of course I couldn't wait so I shelled out the extra $300 to get one immediately.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.