What is the best download manager for Mac? Kinda lost :(

Reaction score
As was suggested earlier in the list, the best download manager for the Mac is ... none.

Sorry...I don't get that statement.
A download manager will re-start a partially downloaded file.
A download manager will parallel download to speed up downloads eg...I am at present downloading through my mac at 500KB/sec from a site
Using Internet Download Manager (windows) the same file will download at 2.4MB/sec and be able to be resumed at will.

How on earth is no download manager better ?

I am at present trying folx which seems to meet most of my criteria....will probably purchase the pro version to allow parallel downloads

C

chas_m

Sorry...I don't get that statement.
A download manager will re-start a partially downloaded file.

As does Safari.

As for parallel downloading, this might just be me but I don't have any use for it in a browser. I'm not pirating anything, so the files aren't large enough for me to wait more than a few seconds for anything to be downloaded. Do I really care if (for example) a download of pixelmator comes in 5 seconds instead of 8? Nope.

If your situation requires a download manager, I do at least suggest one that works outside of a browser rather than as an add-on -- but this is because we've seen LOTS of weird issues with add-on download managers such as the notorious Speed Download.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.