MacBook wont eject discs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
Hi guys,

Recently i've been experiencing some problems with my macbook. Whenever i put a disc into the optical drive it refuses to give it back to me when im done. Finder says its in use by another application, but i havnt asked (or seen) any other application using the disc. To get the disc out i end up having to reboot and hold down the mouse button as the computer starts up.

At first i thought it was just the discs i was using. DVD discs that i had burnt home movies to, i was watching them back on my computer and it refused to eject my disc, but then just now i was ripping a cd into itunes and its refused to eject my disc. i havnt rebooted yet to get it back.

Anyone know whats up? The nearest apple store to me is a good hours drive away so it'd be a pain to have to go and get it checked out.

Thanks in advance,

Luke

Reaction score
Are you running any anti-virus software that may be trying to scan the disks? Boot it in Safe Mode (hold down the Shift key) any different behavior?

OP
lukenn77
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i am running clamX sentry, but i only told it to scan one folder, and that folder has nothing to do with the disc drive. will try in safe mode. thanks for the tip.

OP
lukenn77
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you running any anti-virus software that may be trying to scan the disks? Boot it in Safe Mode (hold down the Shift key) any different behavior?

hmm, quitting clamx sentry let me eject it. thank you for the tip!! im just curious why it did that because i didnt tell clamx to scan discs at all. oh well, all sorted now. thanks again for you help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.