Problem with OS X 10.4.11 Intel Update

Reaction score
I'm a relatively new MAC user. Last winter I attempted to download the OS X Update (Intel) update for my Macbook Pro which consequently destroyed my harddrive and apparently threw my airport connectivity to my wireless internet out of wack. After getting my hard drive replaced, I waited a few months before I tried running the update one more time. Everything seemed to have worked just fine until I came home a few days ago. I was unable to receive internet with 10.4.11 as opposed to my flawless connection while I used 10.4.10. Any ideas as to what is going wrong? I've called Apple three times about this and nobody seems to be able to give me a straight answer.

I was instructed to do an archive re-install and now I'm set back to 10.4.10 again for the second time. I'm nervous to run the update again in fear that my airport won't connect once again or another underlying problem comes up again. Thoughts?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm a relatively new MAC user. Last winter I attempted to download the OS X Update (Intel) update for my Macbook Pro which consequently destroyed my harddrive and apparently threw my airport connectivity to my wireless internet out of wack. After getting my hard drive replaced, I waited a few months before I tried running the update one more time. Everything seemed to have worked just fine until I came home a few days ago. I was unable to receive internet with 10.4.11 as opposed to my flawless connection while I used 10.4.10. Any ideas as to what is going wrong? I've called Apple three times about this and nobody seems to be able to give me a straight answer.

I was instructed to do an archive re-install and now I'm set back to 10.4.10 again for the second time. I'm nervous to run the update again in fear that my airport won't connect once again or another underlying problem comes up again. Thoughts?

Can you tell us a little more about your wireless network? What kind of router do you use (make and model) and what kind of security is it set to use? Is it broadcasting SSID?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.