iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
I notice that pictures I take on my digital camera that I put on my computer automatically rotate to the right direction and then when I import them into iphoto they are the same way. BUT...when I go to upload the pictures onto my web albums or other sites they are still the sideways originally taken...any reason or fix for that?? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
How are you uploading? If you are exporting/dragging to the desktop to upload, they should be correctly oriented. If you are using the finder (which you should NOT), they will be in the same orientation as on your camera. Use the photos from iPhoto and you should be good.

OP
getuptogetdown
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Because I use an external hard drive to keep my pictures on what I do is, I plug in my computer, open the folder on the digital camera where the files are located, and then drag them into an organized folder that I create on my external hard drive. Then in iphoto I go to import..and find the folder i want to import. Even when looking at the files through finder, or iphoto, they look the right way, but when uploading them, if taken sideways, they still appear sideways...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You sure are going through a lot of extra work! If you want to keep your photos on an external, do this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1229. Then when you attach your camera, you can download directly into your iPhoto library. Saves time, space and all is organized. Then you should not have problems with rotated photos uploaded if you grab them from the app itself.

OP
getuptogetdown
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But how is that going to organize my files outside of iphoto? Right now I have a "Pictures" folder and inside that a bunch of folders...i am using "spring 08" right now since I am in school, so I want my files to go in there. Will it do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Organizing outside of iPhoto, and then importing them into iPhoto is double work. One of iPhoto's best capabilities is its organization skills. It does that extremely well. Let it work for you and you will save yourself a lot of time and energy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.