Pith Helmet Installation with Safari 3.1.1 ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
I have been a happy user of Pith Helmet for several months until Safari was updated to 3.1. Pith Helmet stopped working so I uninstalled it. I have been patiently waiting for an update that may never come so I haven't tried to do anything to reinstall it until now.

I recently found instructions on the internet on how to "fix" Pith Helmet to run again. The problem is that the instructions assume that you still have the package installed.

Question, How do I install Pith Helmet manually? If I click on the installer it says that it is not compatible with the current version of Safari and aborts the installation. If I knew which files go to which directories I could install them manually and hopefully get Pith Helmet to run again.

I'm going to paste the instructions I found to fix it below:

Recently Apple updated their browser Safari to version 3.1. It does boast new features that us web developers love, but it also crashes some hacks we also love. Note that I’m not calling them “plug-ins”. Read the reasoning behind this.
Now, one of my favorite Safari hacks has been Pith Helmet and with the new update, it is considered “broken.” Here’s how to fix it:

1. Quit Safari.
2. Navigate to /Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/PithHelmet.bundle.
3. Control click to show package contents.
4. Open bundle and go to Contents.
5. Double click or open info.plist in your favorite text editor.
6. Change MaxBundleVersion to 5525.13. This is to match the current Safari version/build. It will then look like this: 
<key>MaxBundleVersion</key>
7. <string>5525.13</string>

9. Save and relaunch Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.