Upgrade problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.33GHz 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 sdram, OSX 10.4.8
i very recently upgraded to OSX 10.5. I am downloading the 10.5.2 update as i type.
Everything seems fine except for 2 major problems.

1) I cannot locate the PC desktop on my network, which i used to access in the finder>network while using 10.4.x. Here is my other thread about this problem.
2) my print drivers are all stuffed up - cannot write PDFs and also cannot get the correct driver for the Epson 3800.

I want to reinstall my Epson drivers from Disk and also reinstall Acrobat (v 7)..How do i uninstall the software to reinstall? or do i just trash the files? Also - can i run Acrobat 7 on 10.5?

Cheers

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.33GHz 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 sdram, OSX 10.4.8
Well the update seemed to solve the networking problem.

But still have trouble with Adobe PDF'ing. When i got to System Prefs>Printers, i add printer and select Adobe 7.0 PDF, then choose this driver: Adobe PDF 3016.112 from the available list.

Is Adobe 7 simply not compatible with 10.5.2?

M

MacHeadCase

I think you need Acrobat 8 to run it in Leopard. Adobe just updated Acrobat 8 a few weeks ago to make it more stable under Leopard.

Adobe also said that older apps than the CS3 suite would not be updated to make them compatible with Leopard : if Mac users wanted to use Leopard, they'd have to upgrade to CS3. I know that some members report that some CS2 apps work anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I have found Acrobat 8 to be not stable and continue to use Acrobat 7. I found V8 hangs and is very laggy. I am having issues with my Logitech laser mouse but otherwise the CS3 suite installed and works OK. Still working out small kinks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I'm still using CS with no problems.

M

MacHeadCase

Thanks for the feedback, guys. If there is no need to buy CS3 for use in Leopard, members should know about it.

Another thought... Did you try dragging to the trash the plist files associated with Acrobat ? Might be worth a try. I just looked in my pref folder and there seems to be three plist files for Acrobat.

Path to get them is :
Macintosh HD -> Users -> your user account -> Library -> Preferences. Files are : com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist, com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro7.0.plist and com.adobe.acrobat.sh.plist.

Drag these to the trash (don't empty the trash right now), restart and see if this helps. If you are sure all in Acrobat is in good working order, you can empty the trash. But before doing this, give it time like a day of usage or so, just to be safe.

Report back and let us know how it went. Good luck ! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Great to hear you fixed the networking problem you had

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
MacHeadCase - my issue is with the Aluminum iMac. It will not load CS2 at all but I managed to get it through Firewire>Target from my previous G4 and all was fine. I upgraded because of the client. I moved to 10.5.2 without an issue and last Friday night the firmware update applied for the Aluminum iMac THEN the issues started.

Acrobat 8 has serveral threads going about laggy/freezing in the prepress community.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.