iWeb vs. Frontpage

Reaction score
Hey guys...I just bought a new MacBook yesterday. Really enjoyable so far.

The thing is I design E-Commerce websites for myself to make extra money. I really enjoyed Frontpage for it's ease of use.

So my questions are.

1. Is Frontpage compatible with Mac.

2. Is IWeb a comparable product to Frontpage or is it more for blogs and photo albums.

3. Is there an alternative web design product that Mac makes.

Thanks,
Jason

Reaction score
Hey jbreezy! Glad to hear you are enjoying your Mac thus far. Here is my response to your questions:

1. Nope--unless you run Windows on your Mac.

2. iWeb is a really great web design product for the basic web designer. However, if you are needing to add some high end e-commerce objects, PHP, etc. then iWeb is not what I would suggest.

3. There is always Dreamweaver for the Mac which is a really good program--it's what I use :)

Good luck, and feel free to let us know if we can do anything else for you <><

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks..I've never had very much luck with Dreamweaver. Are there any other web design programs that Apple has come up with besides IWeb?

Reaction score
Nope. Options are pretty limited as far as programs are concerned. There are a few choices if you go the text editing route, but iWeb is included on the Mac so check it out and see if it meets your needs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Like youthpastor said, iWeb will probably not meet your needs. There are a few other webdesign programs for a mac, most of them are clones of iWeb. There is one though that was a little like front page, but im sorry I cant remember the name of it. Hopefully somebody will know what im talking about and chime in.

I would really give dreamweaver another try, its probably the closest thing to frontpage you will find.

OP
J
Reaction score
Anyone have any CSS templates that are suitable for Ecommerce?

Here is my site www.knockoutknucks.com

Comments and criticism welcome. I've had it up for about a year now. doing decent.

I just used a template and did some tweaking. Nothing special really.

Reaction score
Just some advise NEVER use Front Page. It does not do correct coding for web sites. If you see Front Page run away...run very fast away from it.

Dreamweaver is one of the best if not the best web site design program. Dreamweaver is a program you have to sit down with and be willing to learn. You can just expect to learn how to use it in 10 minutes. The Missing Manual for Dreamweaver is a very good book.

Reaction score
Checked out your website--Dreamweaver ought to be just fine for you, and with so many places you can buy templates for fairly cheap prices Dreamweaver should meet your needs. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
I always thought it was funny when you check the source of someone's page and it has the frontpage 4.0 lines in the top of the source code.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.