Ebay Ram. Is it Legit?

Reaction score
I did a search and came up with nothing so i thought i would ask.
I know nothing about ram so i was wondering if this ram is all on the up and up
http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-1GB-Apple-Po...yZ158896QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
The seller has good feedback but it seems really cheap.

This is for a 12" powerbook G4 1.5Ghz. Is it the correct ram?
From what little i know, ram is ram. or is this oversimplyfying it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
From what little i know, ram is ram. or is this oversimplyfying it?

Negative. All RAM is different. DDR, DDR2 etc..

OP
C
Reaction score
Negative. All RAM is different. DDR, DDR2 etc..

your right, i wasnt very clear, i was trying to say that no matter the producer etc. 1gb of ram of a certain type should (ddr or ddr2 and so on) should not really perform differently and a $50 dollar stick would be no worse than a $150 one or is this inaccurate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
your right, i wasnt very clear, i was trying to say that no matter the producer etc. 1gb of ram of a certain type should (ddr or ddr2 and so on) should not really perform differently and a $50 dollar stick would be no worse than a $150 one or is this inaccurate

I see it this way also. Some people may argue that you get what you pay for though.

Those two links you posted look to the correct type of RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Whilst we tend to pay in pounds what Americans pay in Dollars, RAM (of the correct spec) is a reasonable price.

Apple seem to be ripping the guts out it by charging what they do.

I'm looking into a 4Gb kit (2x2Gb sticks) and paying approximately £50 (100 USD) for it - total! What's more, I can walk to the shop.

That's either Crucial or Kingston - which I have used many times in the past and never had a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

It's very much inaccurate. Some manufacturers are simply better at making it than others are. Poor QA, cheap materials, and shoddy manufacturing processes do lead to components that don't hold out as long as someone with more reliable manufacturing processes. Sometimes, one manufacturer's RAM may not play well with the RAM from another, even though they have the same basic specs.

That said... you don't HAVE to pay top dollar for RAM. Usually the top dollar ones are tested to perform faster than spec and are the choice for people who want to overclock their PCs or squeeze more performance out. But if you go too cheap and get stuck with junk, you may have issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.