VPN Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey, quick question,

I have my mac accessing a vpn connection at my house. When I do the vpn connection through my windows xp computer, I am able to access my network shares that I have.

Now normally, when I am on my home network (and not having to vpn in) it shows my computer on the shared sidebar in finder, and I can access the files by going through that. But with the vpn connection, it isn't showing the computer on the side. Is there another way, once connected to the vpn, to access my shared resources?

Thanks for the help. If I need to clarify anything, let me know and I will.

I have leopard installed, and am on a macbook pro in case that matters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
That has to do with Bonjour. I'm pretty sure that only looks on one LAN at a time. Depending on how your VPN is set up, it may or may not be directing the Bonjour traffic through the tunnel. Sounds like not.

OP
G
Reaction score
ideas

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? If it is a bonjour problem, any way on how to fix it? It is now showing my computer on the left hand side (the one I am trying to connect to with the vpn) but when I click on it (it says it can't connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.