Power issues w/ boot camp.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've noticed that when I let my computer idle in windows, the monitor doesn't turn off after 3 mins as set in the power options. It's set like this both when it's plugged in and running off the battery.

What's the deal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
did u install the drivers off the leopard cd for bootcamp inside xp/vistA?

OP
W
Reaction score
of course, everything is installed and everything works fine. the **** monitor just won't turn off. i've had this problem with multiple copies of windows and i don't understand it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey guys, I've noticed that when I let my computer idle in windows, the monitor doesn't turn off after 3 mins as set in the power options. It's set like this both when it's plugged in and running off the battery.

What's the deal?

This can happen if something is running in the background preventing the monitor going into power saver mode. Do a control-alt-delete while in Windows in order to bring up the Task Manager and see if you can spot something that might be running.

Regards.

OP
W
Reaction score
i'm really not sure. everything in there looks to be normal or at least isn't causing any other problems.

this is really irritating i wish it would just shut off automatically after a few minutes. i've had this problem with multiple installations/copies of windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.